Friday, May 16, 2008

volunteering fun

I have started using some of my spare time to volunteer with a local Dog rescue. I have particularly enjoyed this, because as most of you know I have a love for dogs (I would have more of my own if I could!). I also enjoy the opportunity to escape the music world occasionally, helping the Rescue with several different things - committee and organizational needs, actually rescuing dogs, placing dogs in foster care or adoptive homes, recruiting volunteers, etc... I have also gotten to know several different people with interesting connections. I have felt somewhat limited in my experience in Calgary this year, living downtown with no car, so I have enjoyed this opportunity to branch out and see some different things.
If anyone reading this is interested in finding out more about the organization, it is Pawsitive Match Rescue, and if you are in Calgary and would like to help out we would love to have you!

No comments: